A big change in magazine production was implemented after April 1942. From that point on, magazines no longer were serial-numbered to the pistol. Another change that occurred at the same time was that the smaller magazine parts no longer were marked with the Walther E/359 acceptance stamp. The markings on the spine also were changed from two E/359 acceptance stamps to just one E/359 acceptance stamp. This stamp can be found high on the spine. These magazines were provided with the total number of 90,000 pistols produced from May 1942 until February 1943.
P.38 is stamped on the left side of the housing and the Walther acceptance stamp E/359 is stamped high on the spine.